Saturday, May 15, 2010

This is my first blog

This is my first blog. Yeah me!

The purpose and timing of this blog is to facilitate and document the progress of my upcoming recovery from the illusive illness that has plagued my life these past 20 years. My transition to Spokane from a brief stay in Kingman Arizona and before that, growing up being amidst the painfully slow and sad decaying society in Southern California. It is my purpose here, as it is for many of us, to publicize my messages of trials, observations, and hope to all who share interest in or are actively seeking a new place that could offer the hope of their dreams. Where ever those places may be for each who walk their own path of enlightenment, because we are all each so alike and unique at the same time. All who like me, seek their own truth and desire to be lost from the confusion, fear, and worry of what the future may hold. Of not having the control needed to feel at ease in one's own life.

Currently, in addition to my battle to regain my health even though I have no health insurance because my employer does not offer it, I am faced with the scary and overwhelming task of achieving my life long dream of completing college. I have just been accepted to Gonzaga University in the fall of 2010 to obtain my BA in Fine Art. Something I have only held onto as a hope of the opportunity of a higher education and all the promising possibilities it could bestow on my so modest life. The dream of stepping out of the poverty from whence I was reared and enslaved most of my life would be such an accomplishment for me.

I have done my best to always walk the narrow path of truth and stay in the light. There are so many beautiful stories I have found that have given me inspiration and hope. Like my own story, they are most often everyday ordinary people who have overcome such adversity that others may have given up long before. But we are not created to give up. Although some of us do, and God bless their delicate souls, we are created to seek him out, to sit quietly and be still and sup with our Creator. To be allies with our Savior. To get strength and peace and fortitude from prayer.

To all who have shared their stories and hope and uplifted another, I thank you. For that is the shining example that makes us a great people. A great nation. A great race. Our capacity to love. To help another just because we are able to and we chose it.

Okay. Off my soap box now. Thank you for listening. (she hops down)

No comments:

Post a Comment